• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Onions

rich73

knowlegable brummie
Hi guys
I'm looking for info on my gg grandmother
henrietta onions b1852 dudley father
William onions caster by trade
I've check other threads and checked
census's with no luck
I have her wedding in 1871 this is how
I know her fathers name was William

Regards rich

This is likely to be another person, but a William Onions was landlord of The Britannia, 74 Dudley road, Harts Hill, Dudley in 1870 (closed in 1937). Also a William Onions was landlord of the Vine, 48 Vine St(later renumbered 60) Harts hill, Dudley and issued tokens from the Vine pub. There seem to be a number of Onions in the licensed trade in the area around then.
Mike

Onions also had pubs in the Wednesbury area too. Onion families were living in that area at least until the mid 1970's and probably still do (?) ....if I recall correctly, they were 'Catholics' ..... does that fit in with the Dudley Onions too?

I have just searched the original birth index records from 4th 1/4 1851 to 2nd 1/4 1853 and there is no sign of Henrietta Onions..There is however a Henry Onions recorded in 1852, 2nd 1/4, Dudley, Page 6c Vol 24...I wonder if the recorder wrote it down wrong ??

I can find no sign of Henrietta in the 1861 Census, I can only assume the enumarators handwriting was bad and the name has been transcribed as something else entirely.

Did your Henrietta marry Thomas Feeney in 1871 ? If so they are in the census

Lynne

john/mike
i know nothing about the onions side of my family so im not sure of any link with other onions in dudley

lindyloo
yes she did marry thomas feeney in 1871 that the first i have on her also were i got fathers name from
she appears on every census after that until she died 1897

Back