• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Old Rover Bicycle

geoffpw

knowlegable brummie
I have an old Rover bicycle, does anyone know to a website or similar that I might find photos or other information? I would like to establish it's age and model number or name.

Yes, Thanks,
I tried them and probably, quite naturally, they did not want to help unless I joined which did not seem worthwhile as I am in too many clubs already mainly Vintage Car and Steam
geoff

Here's a book on them. If you don't want to buy, see if your library can get one fro you to borrow - they can borrow from other libraries elsewhere, and you get a longer time to keep the book then.
[ame="https://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Rover-Cycles-John-Pinkerton/dp/0950743194"]Amazon.co.uk: History of Rover Cycles: John Pinkerton, Derek Roberts: Books[/ame]

Thank you for your kind offer I would very much like to see it, rather than borrow it maybe I could visit you armed with photos of the bike/
geoff

No problem. I'm just further along the M42 from you. Have you a contact number or email. Can one send private messages on this forum? I am a member of the Veteran Cycle Club.

If you click on the name of the person you wish to message on this thread, it will give you a list of options, one of which is to send them a message :)

No problem. I'm just further along the M42 from you. Have you a contact number or email. Can one send private messages on this forum? I am a member of the Veteran Cycle Club.

Hi Dick(y),

As Claire has pointed out you click on a name and a window drops down indicating that you can send an instant message to that person. You must fill in a subject and I have posted you an IM so that you can try it out.

Graham.

Thanks to one and all. I'm not a computerist by nature, more a stamp and envelope man. Will get a message to Geoffpw. Thanks again

Back