• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Nice to join you all

Hi John T

Initially I simply typed Searching for Arthur Rathbone and the name Brown into Google and this came up on Curious Fox web page:.

Birmingham - Genealogy, Family History, Surnames and Local History.
Searching for more info on Samuel SCANDRETT, born somewhere in .... (sometimes known as Nellie Brown) who married Arthur Rathbone 12/7/1908 at St Saviours ...
www.curiousfox.com/history/warwickshire_9.html - 58k - Cached - Similar pages

Then I Scrolled down and noted the following:
Amos - Birmingham
Looking for information about my grandmother Nellie AMOS, b. 1886? (sometimes known as Nellie Brown) who married Arthur Rathbone 12/7/1908 at St Saviours Church, Saltley Parish, Birmingham. Nellie was daughter of Solomon AMOS and Leah (ne Brown), andshe had brothers Joseph, Solomon, Samuel, Harry, and sisters Elsie, Florrie, Leah and Elise. Nellie was brought up by her grandmother 'Granny Brown', wife of Harry Brown, a butcher who I know was deceased by 1908.

KEEP RIGHT ON!
I too am researching Amos family tree and my husband is a descendant of Solomon and Leah family. Seems that name was Hames in previous censuses but cannot find them in 1881........

hi lucky sue and welcome...could you please post your family research questions under our surname interests of the forum where you may receive more help...many thanks

lyn

hi lucky sue and welcome...could you please post your family research questions under our surname interests of the forum where you may receive more help...many thanks

lyn
Could you point me in the right direction of where they are lol....x

Back