• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

neigbours and streets

hi maureen what year did you live there
do you remeber the sweet shop at the top of the alley ( ithink it was jacksons ) i might be wrong happy days :'(
The sweet shop was run by the styles' si can see it today, it was on the left as you looked at the ally way, my gran lived opposite in no 40 Pugh Road

;)hi maureen
yes i rember the evans they live a couple of doors from us she had a sister name maxien i think her dad used to keep alot of birds in a avary in the garden i bet you would know my sister
brum........................ ::)

My gran lived opposite the ally way to the back houses where the avery was, I remember going in there as a child, the son was Norman Evans, he was a mate of my dad, Fred Scaysbrook,

Hi there
I can recall Pugh road as a kid we used to trot down there daily we lived around the corner on Lichfield road and also we had a distant relie
To our moms family Taylor also if I am correct evens had a little shop and our mom when we was .little kids aged 7 years old got us some cheap
Toys on the Christmas club they used to run one year along with Taylors toy shop on the corner of Victoria road ,
Also we used to attend the sally army there and more so at the beginning of Pugh road what we thought was posh. Houses
Up on high ground there was a batch of house. That was encased with what we now know and call scaffold bars
Used to swing and do alsorts of tricks on them summer saults but then the
The people would come out and tell us to clear off I used to know a family called Pugh whom lived down there and styles
Also I recall June moorby at the post office I can recall the. D,e,r, television ware house in the old church they taken over
And I used to race up Victoria road up to park rd and down upper Portland street and back to as tons the cake shop
I was the fastest kid on the block we held them every Sunday morning all the kids from Cromwell terrace along with the Sargent's family
A couple of entries to ours but as kids do our terrace of Cromwell fell out with the sargies and there terrace
But I do have a lot of memos of Pugh rd best wishes astonian,,,,

Back