• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Nechells Park Road

• Thread starter Thread starter margaret
  • Start date Start date
Arthur was not his Father
View attachment 195206
Hi. This is my great grandparents' marriage certificate - it's amazing to see this and the photos. Fred Snr (who married Kate in 1908) died in 1924 from a cardiac arrest during a cycle race in Birmingham. My grandad was his son (Fred), and he had a brother Arthur (as someone else here on the the thread says, born in 1915). I suspect the Arthur referred to in the documents was Fred Snr's brother, but no one in our part of the family knows for sure. Kate lived on Nechells Park Road until the early 70s. Incidentally, the bike that hung above the shop was in my nan's garage in Great Barr until the early 2000s when she died.

As you can see from post # 157 there was a Fred jnr born in 1912. I found this 1936 snippet about him in the Evening Despatch
Evening Despatch - Thursday 09 July 1936.jpg

Last edited:
Back