• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

My Mom [Aston Girl] and Dad and us kids - pics in B'ham 1940's onwards.

this was my dad, and I think it's in Wheelwright Road, Erdington, where he first lived when he came over from Ireland in about 1950, with an elderly lady from the church he joined.
Maybe someone will recognise if it is that road, or another

dadcar.jpg

I think that is the top end of Wheelwright road where Erdington Hall Road comes into it

Hi Lyn
I scanned an old picture recently, but it's very creased

pst.jpg

the only other one I have that I can think of was taken from the Friends Reunited site, I think [as they have a Parliament st group there]

cannot remember who posted it..it shows the section and side of the street I lived on - we lived at 49 - this was outside 39 I think

Outside39PStDavidPritchettetc.jpg

one of the lads in it lived next door to us, and was a few years older than me

I have one or two more that dad took with us kids in, outside in Parliament St., [in the 1960's] but haven't scanned them yet

Hi, I see all the great pictures of Birmingham streets in the 50/60s, yet sharp and clear pictures of Parliament Street elude us. This is my offering taken near to no. 7 looking towards Park Lane around 1956 (you might have seen this on john Houghton's website). This picture has had extensive repairView attachment 44772 work, it had been through a sewing machine !!!!!!!

this was my dad, and I think it's in Wheelwright Road, Erdington, where he first lived when he came over from Ireland in about 1950, with an elderly lady from the church he joined.
Maybe someone will recognise if it is that road, or another

dadcar.jpg
[/QUOTE
Photo taken today

this is my dad - I think it is Perry Barr or Perry Hall park [but not sure]
edit: now it's come bigger on the site it could be Cannon Hill, as that could be the cricket ground in the background]

DadPBpark.jpg

my dad with me [a photo booth snap]

photocollage-2-1.jpg

me and my younger brother and sister [I'm the one with the doll] in Pype Hayes park
[when I was on this forum before someone very kindly colourised this one for me, it may have been John..thanks again]

us33.jpg

my mom and dad are at the back row of this one [2nd and 3rd from the left], which is a Christmas party I think, and I vaguely remember [someone saying] it was before mom and dad married, and they married 4 days after Christmas 1956
it's a crowd from their church [Park lane Gospel hall, Aston]

PartyatBrowns.jpg

lovely pics again maz..it seems we all had bonnets like the one you are wearing....im sure someone will identify the park for you....keep em comin

lyn

I don't think the tree behind your Dad as been replaced, it's just 50 years older:)
oh, you mean it's grown taller and out of view?
and as it's winter the foilage is not showing
yes, makes sense
shame about the stone wall being replaced though, as I love seeing those when travelling along the Gravelly Lane nearby

Back