• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

morton family

handsworth

my gt grandfather was William Alfred Morton [1864-1930] who married Emily nee Snook [1870-1941] in 1890 and had 4 children
William Robert - 1892
Alfred Baden - 1900
Florence Gertrude - 1902
Thomas Henry - 1904

I have managed to trace marriage/spouse and even some children but if there is anyone who can give me more information, especially on the 'children' I would be grateful
I also suspect that that there may have been more children as there is a large gap between child 1 and 2.

You don’t say that this family is in Birmingham, but it is a reasonable assumption from your forum name and the subject of the forum. The electoral roll seems to give some information, remembering that sometimes the roll did not list their full names. It is the only match in birmingham certainly, and willaim alfred disappears at about the right time, as does Emily:

1920 Alfred and Emily Morton are listed at 57 Wilton St
1925 William Alfred, Emily and Alfred Morton are listed at 57 Wilton St
1930 William Alfred, Emily, Thomas Henry, Clara and Alfred Morton are listed at 57 Wilton St. Alfred Morton is also listed as having an allotment at Perry Common road
1935 Emily, Thomas Henry, and Clara Morton are listed at 57 Wilton St
1939 Emily, Alfred and Clara are listed at 57 Wilton St
1945 Alfred B and Clara Morton and Leonard Millington are listed at 57 Wilton St
1950 Alfred B and Clara Morton are listed at 57 Wilton St
1955 Alfred and Clara Morton are listed at 57 Wilton St

Leonard Millington (whoever he may be) was listed at no 4 court 35 Wilton st in 1925 and 1930, at 59 Wilton St in 1939 with Louisa Millington and Sarah Barnett. (next door to 57)
~Mike

Hi there,in the 1911 census he is listed as Robert?
MORTON, Robert 48 1863 London Jobbing Man
MORTON, Emily Wife 43 1868 Aston Birmingham
MORTON, William R Son Single 21 1890 Aston Birmingham Moulder-Iron
MORTON, Alfred B Son11 1900 Erdington Birmingham
MORTON, Florence G Daughter 9 1902 Aston Birmingham
MORTON, Thomas H Son7 1904 Handsworth Birmingham
living at 2 Wilton Street.
Married 22 years and 4 children all still living
Coincidentally,there was an Alfred Snook living 2 back of 117 Wilton Street in the same census and in the electoral roll 1912-1930

The Thomas Morton mentioned may have died in WW1 as I have come acroos him looking at my Morton tree?

Back