• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

marshall street

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
marshall st...date unknown...just as a matter of interest what area was marshall street...

pic courtesy of carl chinn

There was a Marshall St South Sparkbrook and a Marshall St Smethwick that I can find in the 1947 book

Lyn

I think its the Marshall Street off Holloway Head. That was on a slight hill. Its not the one in Sparkbrook as I only lived around the corner and that was on almost level ground. I think Mikejee has got a photo among his collection. As for the Marshall Street in Smethwick I can tell you nothing about that one at all.

Phil

Lyn
I think its the one on holloway head. the sparkbrook one is flat. The picture below is from streetview off holloaway head, and the slope is right and i think the goods doors towards the back of the building on the right are the same as on your photo at front right.
mike

My grandfather Cornelios Edward Bunting lived at 22 and a half Marshell st in the late 1800s. Thanks for the photo Lyn.

wicked rob..for all you know one of the houses showing could well be your grandfathers house...although with a number like 22 and a half it may have been on the back....

lyn....

Back