• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mapleton Road, Hall green

jule

proper brummie kid
Hi did anyone live in mapleton road at all, my nana and grandad lived there for years and my mom used to live there as a little girl. My nan and grandads surname was Larden. I Would be interested if anyone did as im doinga book of my moms life for her birthday. Please let me know. Thanks. Jule

Hi did anyone live in mapleton road at all, my nana and grandad lived there for years and my mom used to live there as a little girl. My nan and grandads surname was Larden. I Would be interested if anyone did as im doinga book of my moms life for her birthday. Please let me know. Thanks. Jule

Probably a little late in replying but I lived at 171 for a number of years and I remember the Larden family on the other side of the road. I think their house number was 158. Although I did not know the family too well, I did remember their son, Robert, who I think was about 2 years younger than me (about 56/57 now) who went to Kings Heath Tech (as I did).

Hi, what was your surname when you in Mapleton rd, and your parents names, i will ask my Uncle Robert if he remembers you. My mom is about 12 years older than Robert so you would not remember her, interesting that you knew my uncle. Thanks for replying back.

My parents were William and Alice Moore. We moved to Mapleton Road in about 1961 and my parents died in 1991.

Years late I know, but only just found this thread. My maternal grandparents moved to 18 Mapleton Road when my mum was about 15. It would have been around 1950. They were called Harry and Madge Rowley. They had three girls, Joyce, Jean and Edna. My grandma lived there until she died in 1990. I remember 'helping' grand-dad in the garden, he grew chrysanths and they had apple trees. Their neighbour kept racing pigeons. Many happy memories of that house.

Kevin, were your parent's name Alice Elizabeth Moore (nee Taylor) and Joseph William Moore ?

Years late I know, but only just found this thread. My maternal grandparents moved to 18 Mapleton Road when my mum was about 15. It would have been around 1950. They were called Harry and Madge Rowley. They had three girls, Joyce, Jean and Edna. My grandma lived there until she died in 1990. I remember 'helping' grand-dad in the garden, he grew chrysanths and they had apple trees. Their neighbour kept racing pigeons. Many happy memories of that house.
hi, while browsing about with lots of time on my hands, at the moment. i came across your quote. i am the youngest of the meads at no.16. david mead, my dad had the pigeons and i remember your grandparents. i remember as a youngster when your grandad died. they always kept themselves to themselves. my mom (janet) is 84, remembered you and your sisters names and moved out of no.16 to stafford, after my dad (ron) and eldest sister (linda) both died of cancer related illnesses in 2000. my twin sisters sandra (lives stafford and had 2 girls and 2 grandsons). susan, never had children, but spent her life being a nanny in america for 20 years and came back to be nanny to lord and lady hertfords children up ragley hall for 20 yrs. janice had one son and lives in chelmsley wood/kitts green. we are all still working, me at 60, janice 62, twins 63. i moved to cornwall for 2 years, where i had a son. he joined navy and now lives in welshpool with 2 sons. i moved back to brum a year, but not for me anymore, i got work in rugeley, staffs. and lived there for 16 years. and then to near welshpool, powys 20 years now. i had 2 more children boy and girl. son has done phd physics and daughter at cardiff uni. after your gran died, they moved pikeys in and they had lots of grief of them. my dad had to give up the pigeons and alsorts of hassle. the lanes joined the otherside too. and mrs lane died during this period. i often had to come back from staffs to have words. hope all this interests you. all the best dave mead.

Back