• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lost Photobucket Pics In 'old Street Pics' Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Streets Pics Post#1380

ashted row...c 1954

1380-img555-1.jpg

hope st highgate...1951

1380-hope_st_highgate___1951img554-1.jpg

monument grove off parker st ladywood 1952...looks to me like we have sprouts growing in the garden and i love the way the anderson shelter is being used as a garden shed..

1380-img553-1.jpg

adelaide st highgate....1952

1380-adelaide_st_highgate____1952img552-1.jpg

Old Streets Pics Post#1382

astonbrook st...1953

1382-astonbrook_st___1953img551-1.jpg

gravelly lane with station road on the left.. 1953

1380-gravelly_lane_with_station_road_on_the_left___1953img550-1.jpg

kitchener road selly park june 1953

1382-kitchener_road_selly_park_june_1953img549-1.jpg

lichfield road aston..1950s

1382-lichfield_road_aston1950simg548-1.jpg

marsh lane/slade road erdington..1954

1382-marsh_lane_slade_road_erdington1954img547-1.jpg

Old Streets Pics Post#1383

weaman st/steelhouse lane 1954

1383-weaman_st_steelhouse_lane_1954img546-1.jpg

steelhouse lane aug 1954 with newton st on the left

1383-steelhouse_lane_aug_1954img545-1.jpg

fazeley st...1955

1383-fazeley_st___1955img544-1.jpg

upper dean st/gloucester st..1955

1383-upper_dean_stgloucester_st__1955img543-1.jpg

hurst st showing the hippodrome... 1955

1383-hurst_st_showing_the_hippodrome____1955img542-1.jpg

The 'Old Street Pics' thread is the most viewed thread on the BHF with 750,000 views. In it there are 226 pics which were uploaded by Lyn using Photobucket for reasons previously explained. Technically it is easy to edit them from this thread into the original posts in the Old Street Pics thread but actually doing it would be a long process. So for the time being, the following comment could be placed (with edit) in the 1st post of the other thread.

THE PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES IN THIS THREAD ARE PRESENTLY NOT VISIBLE. IF YOU WANT TO SEE THEM CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW WHICH WILL OPEN ANOTHER THREAD WHERE THEY ARE VISIBLE.
Lost Photobucket Pics In 'old Street Pics' thread

Good idea Phil. I shall go and insert that for you.

Browsing the ones you've recovered reminds me of the wealth of images we have on this forum. Thanks to you, and of course Astoness, we can enjoy them all again. Viv.

Thanks Viv,
Initially I had thought there were about 80 pics and it was a bit of a shock to find there were 226 in that thread alone. There are some PB pics in the Birchfield Rd and Courtyards threads.
Phil

There is now a Chrome extension which removes the Photobucket ransom pics and shows the originals. I've just installed it in Chrome and it works perfectly. It should be interesting to see if Photobucket try to stop it working.
Photobucketfix.JPG

Thanks Phil. I've held off replacing these images as I'd like them to go on the named street threads as many would be a great addition to those threads. Thinking it through though I think it would be nice to have them on the street thread as well as the more general "old street pics" thread as I think there's something to be said for having a general thread simply for browsing enjoyment.

So shall be tackling this job soon. Viv.

Hi Viv, the 'fix' extension only works with Chrome on Windows devices, I have the Chrome browser app in my iPad and it does not use extensions. Also I would think that Photobucket will eventually find a way of blocking the fix.
Phil

Thanks Viv, I remember when Lyn started the thread after we lost all the forum pics when the forum was seriously hacked in autumn 2011. I often have a browse through the thread for a trip down memory lane so I'm glad to see it back looking just like it used to.
Phil

Thanks Phil. Comments on photos have been moved to the original thread and this thread is now locked. Viv.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back