• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Logging Off

brian baker

master brummie
I have a Packardbell easynote tj62 laptop and all i am getting is Logging off... i have tried the escape button and the start button but it makes no difference i have nver come across this before it has now been logging off for about 4 hours any ideas please Brian
:headhit::headhit::headhit:

As well as above can you give the exact wording as this looks as if it may be a virus as it is similar to a nasty that attacked my laptop almost as soon as it was first connected to the internet.

I think Bernie's right, it's difficulty to make a diagnosis without more info as another possibility is overheating.

I'm sure I've had that happen before, where it says its logging off but gets no further. I just switched it off at the wall. When I switched it on some time later it came up as unauthorized shutdown and went through a series of back ups. It was ok afterwards.
Lynda:)

Thank you all for your help but i finaly got through to a helpline this morning and got it sorted what i had to do was 1:close the lid 2: unplug from the mains 3: take the battery out 4: replace the battery 5: connect back to mains 6: press power button for 15 seconds with lid closed 7: open lid 8: press power button and procede to boot up as usual it worked for me and if anyone else has the same trouble i hope this will help

Brian

Back