• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lodge Hill Common Graves

BobSil

I am currently researching an aunt who was buried in a Common Grave at Lodge Hill in 1942. I have the grave number and when I do a search on burials in that grave I get 15 names, including my aunt. Does anyone know how these graves were arranged I.e. could it actually be 5 adjacent graves with 3 people in each. It surely can’t have been a single massively deep grave or could it!

I don't know about Lodge Hill graves but Key Hill and Warstone Lane have very large common graves so it's possible. Many of my ancestors are in large common graves.
rosie.

I don't know about Lodge Hill graves but Key Hill and Warstone Lane have very large common graves so it's possible. Many of my ancestors are in large common graves.
rosie.
Hello, how do I find out the grave reference numbers for my great grandparents who were buried in paupers graves in Warstone Lane Cemetery?
Many thanks
Barbara

Back