• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lodge hill cemetery - trying to find a common grave

mollycasey60

Brummie babby
Hi everyone, I’m trying to find my nans grave at lodge hill. She was buried in a common grave. I’ve purchased the records and can see it was grave number 205 in 67e? I think. I’ve looked at maps but can’t find anything about this. I’ll attach the grave number.
If anyone has any info I’d be grateful. Thanks

On the maps there are several sections marked "public". Including one section labelled C7 - this may be your 67 but depends on the writing you are trying to read.
However, as Rosie said I found the staff helpful. The lady there when I visited came back a map with the grave I wanted marked with a cross.

Thank you, I only live in harborne so not too far but I’ve never been to lodge hill before. I’ll find a worker and just see if they can give me a general idea. Here’s the photo

Attachments

• IMG_7339.jpeg
    IMG_7339.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 15
I think it's C7. I hope you find it, I don't think they have markers on public graves but at least you will know the place of rest.
rosie.
Thank you. I rang today and it is C7. There’s no markers so just going to lay some flowers where we can. Feel really sad about it actually. She had such a hard life. We’d love to bury her in her own space now but not sure they’d disturb the other graves with her. I’m going to ask tomorrow

Back