• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lloyd

hil230956

proper brummie kid
I am seaching for any information on Charles Lloyd who married Ellen Burton in 1891. They lived in Whitehouse Street. Charles' father was also Charles and whose occupation is documented on Charles and Ellens marriage certificate as musician. Family history remembers Charles junior talking about working on the TransCanadian Railway. 1901 Charles and Ellen were living in Waterworks Street Aston where my Grandfather Howard was born.

loyed

hi there hil
i noticed you aretrying to find out info; on the lloyed family whom was from white house street , i am also tracing a lloyed ,but not of the same family
but i would like to mention that there was a lloyed family living
in white house st aston in the very early 1900,s and lived there for years
they lived oppersite my grand mother in white house st
and there was some stories around them about there
ancesters had royal connections and that there fore father had blue blood
in his veins
but also this lloyed family is a very long term family friend ,
and one of the sibbling lives in tamworth , he is john lloyed and he was in the royal artillery , army forces years ago he marrieda girl called sylvia
he,s also in regulalr contact with my oldest brother whom also lives in tamworth, i will contact him to speak with john
john is in his 70,s may be this his the loyed you are researching
johnny lloyed ,s parents and my grand mother whom was a jenning
lived very close to carl chinns parents in white house st,
possible twentyhouses away on the street
will speak to you soon , best wishes astonian ,

Hi
My grandmothers maiden name was Ellen LLoyd who I believe lived in this area before she married my Grandfather Arthur Linnecor and then lived in Miller Street. I am not sure if there is a connection.

My great grandmother was Elizabeth Lloyd. Her father, Edwin, was a butcher in Devon Street, in 1876. Anyone know anything about them?
Spoonerb :)

Hi Astonian and Les, My Greatgrand parents Charles and Ellen Lloyd lived in Whitehouse Street but I do not know which number. When you mention royal connections, there is a story in the family that one of the family was a royal dressmaker. I have always thought that it may have been Ellens sister Annie Burton born 1876 who was a witness at Charles and Ellens wedding. Charles and Ellen had four children, Ellen born 1892 ( I don't know who she married), Howard (my grandfather), Alice who died in infancy and Katie born in 1906. Does this seem like the people you mention?

Thanks for the information. My Grandmother Ellen Lloyd (Born 1892) in the Aston area married Arthur Linnecor. (See Linnecor thread).
It sounds as if this could be my Grandmother but I would need to see her marriage certificate to find out if her father was in fact Charles Lloyd.
Perhaps someone else may have more information.

Lloyed

HI LES
I Do Believe Charles His The Father ,
I Will Asked My Brother Whom is Of SEVENTY yEARS oLD And Hi Still In Contact With Johnie LLOYED And His Wife IRIS
MY BROTHER AND JOHN
Still Live Out In Tamworth Today ,
HAVE A NICE DAY LES BEST WISHES ASTONIAN

Thanks for that.

Hope to hear some interesting news from you in the future.

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles and Ellen in 1891 were living at 26 Montague Street. Aston Manor
Charles age 29 Shipping Tackle Maker born Birmingham
Ellen age 24 born Birmingham

I can't find either Charles in Census other than 1901 when Charles and Ellen were in Water Works Street.

hi just 5 mins ago i came across a may barlow who i think is an aunt of mine i know nothing about her except she married an alfred j lloyd in december in 1925 i just thought i would look at the name index and hey presto lloyd surely i cannot be that lucky the family lived in cowper st ,moorsom st im keeping fingers crossed cheers

33bus:)

tom

Hi Tom,

My dad, Les Linnecor, had an uncle Alf and aunt May. Dads mothers maiden name was Ellen Lloyd. Please let me know if you obtain any more information.

Cheers

Les

hi les sorry i know nothing about may there were 6 live children in my dads family but he left home at 13/14 also the names i have grown up by eaves dropping over the years have turned out to be nicknames there was little or no contact with the family over the years ,i got to meet occasionally dads brother albert, and two of his sisters may not being one of them,,, i will send for a certificate i will let you know how i get on
i just thought i might have got lucky by checking the forum and i nearly might be cheers

33bus:)

tom

Back