• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Living in Spain.

Have been to Andalusia (various villages) a few times as a water colourist but could never live there due to their attitude towards cats and dogs which I found upsetting, did work in Malta for 18 months, now I could quite happily live there !!! Eric

I live in Spain and find it much better than UK. Weather obviously is a bonus but main thing is people's attitude to life. It seems as if people stay younger and enjoy life. I went back to Birmingham 3 weeks ago and could't wait to come back. Decent bottle of wine is £3, dinner out with drinks around £15 for 2 and excellent food. No TV licence and we get same programs even BBC west midlands. Petrol about £1.15 a litre. I am in shorts and sandals this morning watching SKY news predicting storm for UK. No contest really.

Back