• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

'Little' Boldmere

View attachment 167406

I 'ummed and 'aahd where to post this picture as although it's of very poor quality it does show properties on the right which I haven't seen before. I'd be grateful if any of our photo-wizards could work their magic please.

There is a block of 1960's maisonettes there now and properties are also built behind in Boldmere Close.
I used to live in Boldmere Close, they extended the parking there a few years ago. From the back of the garden we could see what looked like a caravan park storage site, I never knew much about it.

Lovely story Carliol, I have a coloured version of your picture. You might like the other photo which shows the shop, kindly posted by a member on another thread.View attachment 166308View attachment 166309I moved into Blackham Drive (up on the right) in 1969 and I wondered if you remembered the white house which stood a couple of doors up from the entrance to the sports ground? It was a beautiful property and was demolished in the early '70's to be replaced by two sets of semis.
Hello I’ve stumbled across this thread in a search for someone and noticed the timeframe you lived in this area it’s a long shot but by any chance have you heard of a Bobo/Bobb Tourey? He lived in Burcombe tower on Old Bell road at the time of his passing in 1980. I know it’s unlikely but there’s no harm in asking I guess!

Hello I’ve stumbled across this thread in a search for someone and noticed the timeframe you lived in this area it’s a long shot but by any chance have you heard of a Bobo/Bobb Tourey? He lived in Burcombe tower on Old Bell road at the time of his passing in 1980. I know it’s unlikely but there’s no harm in asking I guess!
Hi JessicaWho, sorry I missed your post. The area/road you refer to is, I think, on the Lyndhurst Estate which is quite some way from Boldmere, at least 20 minutes walk. I'm pretty sure there is a thread on this forum about the Lyndhurst. Just type in a few things in the search area at the top of the page.

jessica you may find this thread of interest although as pen suggested use the search box as there are a couple more threads on the lyndhurst..click on link below..there is a photo of burcombe tower i think

lyn

Back