• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lancaster and Son photographic equipment

Hello everyone who have responded to my query. I am amazed at your response and the detail that you have provided. I thought that an enquiry would be a long shot, and possibly produce little response, so I am truly delighted, thank you.
The very detailed advertisement in the Amateur Photographer of May 1885 is an interesting indication of the rapid growth of interest in photography, and hence in such businesses, as the first issue of AP was only a few months previously in October 1884.
Sincere thanks to all,
Malcolm (aka Umpti).
 
Back
Top