• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kitchen disasters.

I'm sure I won't be the only one to have done this, but cooking Sunday roast for the first time for my mom-in-law to be, basted the chicken and put it in the oven, looked lovely, but bit of an odd smell which I put down to the oven being new, til I took the chicken out, complete with the melted, frazzled bag of giblets - it's the worst tasting chicken I have tasted, never made that mistake again!!!
Sue

Jean you and l started out the same way thinking our hubbies could'nt do anything so much so they felt the same way....Brenda

Brenda Pete has three brothers and they all cook and one will not let his wife loose in the kitchen. Sue I did that once with a turkey but remembered just a while into it's cooking and then used the giblets for the stock and threw the food bag or is it the gall bladder away. Jean.

That's quite a yummy spread.
Salty cheesecake Mike. Miriam this is one made with frozen berries and I did let the fruit thaw out first and put in two jellies. Mom Jamaican friend made a trifle once and she just mixed the lot together. Mom taught her how to do it and she in turn taught mom how to cook fish Jamaican style. Jean.

Back