• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kingshurst High School for Girls

Dianne

master brummie
Anyone remember this school, Miss Allan was headmistress (with her dog Shandy) , Mrs Readman was Deputy Head, I attended between 1967 and 1971

Anyone remember this school, Miss Allan was headmistress (with her dog Shandy) , Mrs Readman was Deputy Head, I attended between 1967 and 1971
Yes, My Wife attended this School between 61 to 65 and certainly remembers Miss Allan (but not her dog) and Mrs Readman.

Hello everyone
I attended Kingshurst High School for Girls from 1968 to 1973.
My memory is not as good as it was but I remember I loved this school. I can remember Mr Bullivant but not much else!
I’m trying to locate my best friend at this school Josephine Harvey. Also Pamela Salt. We went to Austria on a school trip in 1971.
There was also Richard Leary and Steve Nichols.
Can anyone help me?

Hello everyone
I attended Kingshurst High School for Girls from 1968 to 1973.
My memory is not as good as it was but I remember I loved this school. I can remember Mr Bullivant but not much else!
I’m trying to locate my best friend at this school Josephine Harvey. Also Pamela Salt. We went to Austria on a school trip in 1971.
There was also Richard Leary and Steve Nichols.
Can anyone help me?
Hi all. I was there from 1964 to 1969. Best friends Gillian Watts, Susan Messent and Pat Knight. Also dated my future husband from the Boys school in 1967. Been together for 54 years. Miss Lynham was my form teacher for 2 years also for R.E.
Miss Barker maths. I heard that she committed suicide. She was strict but fair. Best teacher was for English. Can't remember his name but I think Harold rings a bell. Miss Allen quite scary. Good times.

This was my school. It was mixed, both girls and boys when it first opened I think 1958 - ‘59. Head master, Mr Aldridge, very strict, he would often cane naughty boys in assembly in front of the whole school. Then Miss Allen, head of the girls school. Miss Lees was deputy, I think and took us for “personal hygiene “ classes. Miss Davies was my first form teacher. Miss Bradshaw English.Miss Eastman(I think) Biology, Mr Gee, science. Miss Smith RI and music Mrs Pinto geography, I think she came from Jamaica Mrs Readman domestic science- I’ve still got my work folder and still consult it from time to time!
I was head girl 1962. Some names apologies if I’ve miss- remembered / miss spelled them, it has been over 60 years!...... Joanne Hyde, Janice Bartlett, Sylvia Pearsall (? sp), Norma Constable Stephanie Blakemore, Sandra Smith, Jennifer Tilley, Yvonne Collet (she passed 13+ and went on to Coleshill Grammar). Lesley Ankers. Sheila Brazier, Gillian Morrison, Valerie Greenhalge, Christine Reason, David Patterson, Christopher Teague. School trips to France, Switzerland and to Holland.
Photos included are Form 1G ; Mr. Aldridge on French trip : Recorder Group rehearsing
1BD7A26C-0866-4736-9836-B21CA3113B62.jpeg2D47E6B8-5597-42D6-80BA-0A60520F6DAB.jpegCFAC55C3-159A-43D6-A484-9C3E7E8C7AED.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi,
I dont know if you are interested but I created a group called Kingshurst Comprehensive Class of 1976. There may be people on this group that you know and would like to reach out to or submit some comments etc. It is a public group so you do not have to join if you do not want to but you can still see our posts and photos.

Back