• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kings Night Club Hamstead

Coming from Great Barr we were lucky to have the kings just down the road, they attracted some great act's down there, act's who were on prime time TV at the time, proper caberet nights. Also went to the West Brom supporters Club nights aswel. It was a great venue it's just a pity like most things now all we have are the memories. The only other club I could remember that done the caberet nights like this was the Night Out on the Bristol road
I was resident compère at kings from 89-96,when it closed. Best job I ever had. Great staff and a wonderful boss. Great memories!

I saw all of Dave Martin's ( stage name) performances at Kings around 1987.............he is my brother and was at a talent night.......he didnt win but it was a great night.......LOL.

Back