• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kings Head Bearwood

It was a meeting place for nearly everyone , also in more innocent days it was a place to say goodbye to your latest sweetheart at school . That was until tomorrow .

The Kings Head was a convenient meeting point for Lordswood old boys and girls. I left school in '66 and used to meet up with a mix of those who had left and a sprinkling of 6th formers who had stayed on. One of the reasons it was popular was the "Bierkeller" downstairs in the old cellar at the back. The brewery must have spent a lot of money kitting it out with long bench seating and really authentic "stein" style beer glasses. It did get very crowded and noisy and of course, smoke filled!
I've still got my "souvenir" beer glass :) . Can't remember how long the Bierkeller survived for but it was certainly busy during the late sixties.

Back