• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

King Edwards Road Ladywood

Bellamy's garage stood on the corner of King Edward's road and Edward st. The garage closed in 2003, I went along shortly afterwards and took some pics. There is also a pic from a cutting in the Birmingham Mail.

Attachments

• Belly1.jpg
    Belly1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Belly2.jpg
    Belly2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • Belly3.jpg
    Belly3.jpg
    658.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Belly4.jpg
    Belly4.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 29
  • Belly5.jpg
    Belly5.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Belly6.jpg
    Belly6.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Belly7.jpg
    Belly7.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 25
Does anyone have any photos showing 24-28 King Edwards Road around 1960s or before. My relatives had a Rabbit skin processing business there but I think there was also living accommodation

Bellamy's garage stood on the corner of King Edward's road and Edward st. The garage closed in 2003, I went along shortly afterwards and took some pics. There is also a pic from a cutting in the Birmingham Mail.
I remember Bellamy's very well, had my car serviced there a number of times. Good service and nice people. I miss it's convenience as I am still in Kingston Row just off King Edwards road.

Photos are up of King Edwards Road from this morning.

The old wall on the (current) Cambridge Street - King Edwards Road border (the maps are confusing)

IET Birmingham - Austin Court, Cambridge Street by ell brown, on Flickr

Road signs for Cambridge Street and King Edwards Road

Cambridge Street and King Edwards Road - road signs on the old wall by ell brown, on Flickr

Old wall on the Cambridge Street - King Edwards Road border - The NIA by ell brown, on Flickr

Old wall on the Cambridge Street - King Edwards Road border by ell brown, on Flickr

To be the above looks like all that is left from demolished back-to-back houses that was once here.
The blue(ish) door in the picture was actually the entrance to Mini Batch Plating Co.Ltd back in the late 70s/mid 80s - the rear of the building backed out onto the canal (via a very thick/heavy wooden rolling door just below Tindal bridge - lord knows how old that door was). Once opened, we would sit & watch the narrowboats from inside the factory whilst eating lunch, occasionally climbing down onto the very thin ridge that stood above the water line & attempting to jump across to beneath the bridge (fell in once or twice!) Stupid....but fun when you are 16 lol. The company eventually relocated to Allesley St when they did all the development in the area (& then onto Hatchett St where it still is operation I believe). Worked there for 20+ years & enjoyed every day.

Back