• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

king charles pub

S

STEVE-EV

i remember using this pub at the age of 15 with my mom and dad my mom would put brilcream on our hair .and comb it back to make us look older. we would use the concert room as it was always crowded and we"d get away with it. my moms name was queenie she was well known in the pub as her brothers and her dad drank in there if any one drank in here let me know and ill tell you there surname thanks for your interest:D

Hi steve-EV,
As you know the King Charles pub is no longer there,
houses have been built on the sight
I Know that when i was a nipper,they used to hold dances there
never been in the pub itself used the "Bush"

The King Charles sad to say became a DRUGIES PUB raided so many time it had to shut!
It is sad to see so many pub either got rid of or change name.at one time pubs & churches were the only way of giving direction when you went any were.
SAD TIMES

i remember using this pub at the age of 15 with my mom and dad my mom would put brilcream on our hair .and comb it back to make us look older. we would use the concert room as it was always crowded and we"d get away with it. my moms name was queenie she was well known in the pub as her brothers and her dad drank in there if any one drank in here let me know and ill tell you there surname thanks for your interest:D
Hi Steve, my mom used to work with a queenie. Her name is Josephine williams/Seymour nee Johnson. Just curious if your mom is the same queenie as it’s not a name you hear everyday. Helen

Hi Steve, my mom used to work with a queenie. Her name is Josephine williams/Seymour nee Johnson. Just curious if your mom is the same queenie as it’s not a name you hear everyday. Helen
steve is now only a guest member so will not be able to reply to you unless he re joins

lyn

Back