• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

JELFs of Worcestershire and Birmingham

• Thread starter Thread starter emf
  • Start date Start date
Hi Nodgrow
yes they do come glocestershire orinionaly in a place called the bucklands and worcestershire i am not to sure about northampton but scotland there was some relelie
whom i met many many years ago at the huge family gatherings they had new cannal street even the aussie land some of the old orinional farm hands cottages they lived in are still there standing and people living in them today on the bretford rd directly facing an historic pub called the fleece inn which is stilll thriving if you get to worcestershire let me know
and go to the worcestershire history society in the centre of worcestershire you will find in the archives all you want to know also you can get through the internet
alot of the jelfs history going back to edward and sir aurher jelf and behond but it was from the early years from 1700s to the early 1900 40sand the fiftyies they was loosing populatatie
and one by one the senior jelfs was slowly passing over and dieing but all he jelfs was in high postions of wealth there was some poor side of the relations i have met one or two of them and recorded history from my mother whom was wealthy and which one was not i was one of the lucky ones whom my mother was the only child to a certain member of the senior brigae of the jelfs family the very early members of the jelfs born in the 1800s any way i hope to hear from you again in the near future i hope
i know there is one or two jelfs out there but reluctlant to speak for reasons i iknow of these are the younger generation of the jelfs brigade
any way have your self a nice day best wishes astonian alan

Re: jelfs

Hi,
Norman Jelf is my Uncle. His sister Irene is my Mom. She died last December and I have been trying to find Margaret's address to let her know about Mom's death. I would also like send her and Kevin some copies of the family photos I have found amongst Mom's things. Could you send me a private message with their address.

Norman's brother is George and he is 97 and still alive although not in the best of health

I have started to research the family tree and have been in contact with Astonian via this forum and hope to be able to put all the pieces together when I meet Astonian in a couple of weeks

Jayne.

hi jayne; yes norman is or should i say was a relation to my mom joyce ivy jelf she was ernie jelfs only child and my mom used to talk about norman quite often and of course dear old george whom is quite correct 97
george was a candite for the small heath ward for many years and my mother and george was quite close in there younger days always talkingpolitics to her and asking her to join his party and how she would do out of it
i went and met george about two years ago at his house and he told me about my father and mother when they was young when living at new cannal street digbeth with her parents ernie and bertha jelf [ nee hinton ]
so jayne is related to me and her mother is or was my mothers first cousin ;
which is great news and i am looking forewarded to filling her in on all th jelfs tree ;
as they say its a small world and you never know whom you are speaking with guys best wishes astonian alan

Hi, I have only just joined this site but was very interested in the information about the Jelfs family. My Grandmother's sister was Fanny Taylor who married James Jelfs in 1898. They lived at 99 Grange Road, Kings Heath. They had 5 children I think? Elsie Ellen, John Henry, Earnest James, Leslie? and Arthur Stanley who was killed in action in WWII aged 29 years. If anyone knows any further information on them I would be very grateful. I have just started to look into my family tree as I knew absolutely nothing, sadly I have no photographs of Fanny or James. Many thanks.

Hi tewy
Just caught old of a recent thread with your jelfs as I have said its a mine field with the jelfs but just clocked your James was born in
Brettonford well he is the early adcitionds to my free and if you have got the right James. Born in brettonford then carol is related to him
She is also one of the later jelfs and she runs the garden.centre which I think I have previously to.you
On the brettonfod rd she is also on the net or go in person the name is on the gate of the nursery that's where I met her two years ago
She can fill you habit of info,best wishes astonian,,,,,,

Hi Astonian, thank you again. Would that be "Littlebrook" nursery Bretforton? If so I will ring her. Thank you again, Jayne

Hi Jane
Its carol. Jelf. Flowers of everham brettonford road eversham brettonford road honeybourne. Word

Tap into Google and she will come up I think she said at the time her old father in law is very old whom recalls a.of of the family
Of the jelfs but as abkt of memory problems she does not go far back but she knows a little bit of James
And I actually told her things she never new as she is not alllthat o.d really possible in her fifths alan

Back