• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ison and Rowley Ancestors Birmingham - Kidderminster

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of points...

You may have missed this post in regards Mary Smith...

...and another child for Amos and Sarah...

Thanks MMS. I have adjusted the baptism day date for William Izon to b13 Jul 1777 from 18 Jul 1777 which is what FreeReg UK has. And included the image in the Wikitree profile.
I have added Mary Minerva Ison (thanks). Her birth and death is in GRO. Her birth name there is Mary Mernerra. Her death name is Mary Minerva in Aston. Haven't added those siblings to Wikitree yet but it is in my software ready to go up.
Is that all correct?

Thanks MMS. I have adjusted the baptism day date for William Izon to b13 Jul 1777 from 18 Jul 1777 which is what FreeReg UK has. And included the image in the Wikitree profile.
I have added Mary Minerva Ison (thanks). Her birth and death is in GRO. Her birth name there is Mary Mernerra. Her death name is Mary Minerva in Aston. Haven't added those siblings to Wikitree yet but it is in my software ready to go up.
Is that all correct?

Yes, that all looks correct.

The fact that William Ison and Mary Smith married in Sutton Coldfield made me check baptisms at Sutton. Between 1770 and 1803 I found 3 possible baptisms for Mary Smith without really doing a proper search. I am not sure we can say with any certainty which is the right one.
Genealogy research is fun isn't it? Feels good when you get a hit though. Thanks for that look Janice.

Mary Taylor buried Nether whitacre 30 May 1828 is possibly listed as being 80 so I think that might rule her out. Could be read as 80 or 30.
View attachment 185740
Nice try Janice. Maria, her last daughter was baptised 17 May 1829, at Nether from the record that you gave me. Mary possibly died at the time of Maria's birth. William was pretty much immediately with Sarah Dickson nee Cook. Their first child William Richard Ison was born 25 May 1830 from the baptism record you gave me. Time frame suggests baby making attempts at best started very soon after wife Mary died. I can't locate a death date for daughter Maria.

Janice, processing the new images from you. John Izson 14 May 1775 baptism parents John and Sarah brother of my ancestor William. Do you have a church for John's baptism.
Thanks.

Garry - the problems over identifying the correct Mary Smith plus the lack of info for Maria illustrate the difficulties when the only records we have are church ones.
We are now into guesswork not research.

I feel that you have probably gone as far back as you can with some of these people. You have been luckier than most getting back to the 1700s with some of your family. It may be you have to accept you have found all the identifiable records there are.
Good luck with the rest of your research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back