• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good progress for most people since the last time I tuned in, shame about weather damage, I find that distressing, unfortunately it's unavoidable.
We've had the attentions of new visitors this week, a pair of long tailed tits who spend a couple of hours a day attacking our lounge window. It's a pleasure to see them, but I can't fathom what they are trying to do!

IMG_20230324_162804391~2.jpgIMG_20230326_171229347~2.jpg

Last edited:
no garden for me this last two weeks. thanks for being concerned about me being awol. i have had/got problems with blood leaking in my right eye i see red the left is blur at the moment,i have had injections in them at the hospital so fingers crossed hey. at the moment i look a cross between mr magoo and Dracula:)

no garden for me this last two weeks. thanks for being concerned about me being awol. i have had/got problems with blood leaking in my right eye i see red the left is blur at the moment,i have had injections in them at the hospital so fingers crossed hey. at the moment i look a cross between mr magoo and Dracula:)

Good to see you back, Pete. (not, good to see the back of you :D)

Steve.

Mw0njm, sorry to hear you have been having issues. I've been having problems since October, I went on Monday and I was diagnosed with blepharitis.

I was prescribed with medication from January, which helped. What I'm trying to say is hang in there, I know the NHS have their issues, but they have looked after me.

Hope you get sorted soon.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting to watch Alberta. Very nice day today. No gardening for me today, I was in Brum, Dudley Road hospital. But the weather was lovely.

I bought a pink Camelia today, I have a red one. They are so colorful and cheery. Hopefully you have all had a good day in your gardens.

I did lots in the garden yesterday. It was a fabulous day. Raining today!

Potted bulbs are a first for me this year. I've really enjoyed them. I've read up on them but it's nice to ask, so could you help me out?

I've cut the dead flowers off and left the foilage to die back? Bit can I move them to a shady place in the garden now, or when the foliage has died back?

I've done some more tidying today. The leaves are out now on the blossom tree, so the blossom has completely fallen and I've cleared the last of it's petal housings from my Acers.

Bought a rose from a supermarket for £5.99. Same thing at the garden centre was £19.99! There are Acers for £3.50 at the supermarket too, one of which is going strong in my garden from last year.

Tis the yellow season. Daffs, Dandelions, & the Rape seed is in flower here. It`s a gorgeous sunny day here in s/e Durham but don`t be fooled, there are a few frosty days in the week ahead, in other words a typical English spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back