• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hurst Street 1921

Bloodette

proper brummie kid
Hi. Would anyone know what was at 126 Hurst Street in the 1920s. My grandfather was an errand boy for a S.Doffman at this address. I’m assuming it was a shop of some description? I’d be really grateful for any information.

Oh thank you so much! This makes total sense as mr Grandad went on to be a tailor, he worked in Carrs Lane, so obviously started his trade here!!

There were quite a number of tailors in that area. My money was on it being a tailors before I checked the directory. :)
yes quite right jan...the area was known for tailors... as you knnw the only remaining birmingham back to backs in hurst st still have the house and shop of a tailors in tact from the day the tailor gave it up in the 70s i think..well worth a visit for those that have not yet been

lyn

Back