• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hunt/tyers

Blondy

proper brummie kid
Hi does anyone have any connection/information regarding Louisa Elizabeth Hunt b 1888 Birmingham married Francis(Frank) Tyers in 1906, they had 13 children my GM Phyllis, GAs Olga(Pat), Thelma, Frances(Gina), Doris, Mildred, Edna, GUs Frank, Bill, John, Ron, William. Louisa was my GGM. I have had no problems with the Tyers side but Louisa' side is proving a bit of a mystery, there may have been a nurse or widwife connection. I have had some great help off many kind and patient members on GR but even finding the right birth certificate without an actual birth date is frustrating, a cousin of hers was Alan Hunt used to ride speedway sadly died in SA. Any info would be helpful as my GA is wondering if she has any relatives left out there.

Regards
Max:dft005:

1891 census Aston this could be her, as there were lots of Louisa's but only one Louisa E and a Louisa Emily. Do you know what her father's name was from her marriage Cert?
Place: Aston -Warwickshire
Civil Parish: Aston
Ecclesiastical Parish: Christ Church
Address: Johnsons Wrks Montgomery St
Surname First name(s) Rel Status Sex Age Occupation Where Born
HUNT William E Head M M 23 Stoker(Em'ee) Worcestershire - Bromsgrove
HUNT Mary Wife M F 21 Wiltshire - Calne
HUNT Louisa E Dau - F 3 Warwickshire - Birmingham
HUNT Mary C Dau - F 1 Warwickshire - Birmingham

Pom

Thanks for the reply and info - my great aunt says she remembers it saying William Edward and Mary as she has the original but has put it away somewhere safe!!! She says that she thinks either her mothers maiden name was smith or marys mothers name was smith. I have tried ordering certs but they ask for an exact date how do I get round this?

Regards
Max

Louisa Elizabeth HUNT and Frank Edward TYERS 2nd quarter (June) 1906 registered at Solihull volume 6d page 1172.
That will get you a certificate!

Louisa Elizabeth HUNT Birth registered 3rd quarter (September) 1888 at Aston district vol 6d page 243.

Hi Pom

I certainly hope so - just have to obtain the birth cert, fingers crossed.

Thanks
Regards
Max

Back