• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

humphreys william

rogerstan

proper brummie kid
i am trying to trace the death date of william humphreys who, according to the electoral roll, lived in edward st in ladywood birmingham in 1939, it is believed he died ab 1940/42, age about 56? at the same address, can anyone help please .

Re: looking for william humphreys

William Humphreys death aged 57 December quarter 1940 Ref 6D 1173

thank you kindly, i have been searching for this answer for a long time.

Hello Rogerstan.

Do you know William Humphries occupation?

(Looking for a Huphries who was working during WW1)

cheers

Thanks Rogerstan

the 'Humphreys' I am looking for was a salesman for Falk Stadelman (gas fittings, lights and plumbing sundries). He kept my Grandmother supplied with merchandise in a plumbing factors on the Moseley Road 1914/1919 when she was stting up the business. (Grandfather in the Navy). My interest is that he may have been a relative, with another son (one of my uncles), arriving at an inopportune time!

Doesn't sound as though your relative fits the bill but I thought it worth asking.

cheers

since tracing the death date of william humphreys,and thanks to you all for your help,i have now obtained a death certificate for him,according to the certificate, he died whilst living at 3/13the ridley st,birmingham, is it now possible to look on the electoral roll again and see who the family members were at that address just to veryfy that i have the right william humphreys, thanks so much for your past help guys,

I cannot find a Humphreys in Ridley Street in 1935 or 1939 (as new as the online ones go) sorry.

hi lloyd, william humphreys died in ridley st in 1940 and not in 1935/39.but thank you anyway for your info,

Back