• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Howell birth look-up

jane k

master brummie
I`m trying to find the birth registration index for Edward Laurence Howell born 1891 April/June Kings Norton. The image on Ancestry is distorted and I can only read 6c, page 5?9. Is there any way I can find the correct page number?
Many thanks, Jane

Hi Jane,

If you order directly from Birmingham Register Office, you will not need the page no.

Ann

Hi Jane,

You can order on line or by post. If by post, send a cheque for £7.00, made out to the Superintendent Registrar, enclose a stamped addressed envelope, and sent to The Register Office, Holliday Wharf, Holliday St., Birmingham B1 1TJ.
They are very good, and will get it back to you by return of post.

All the best
Ann

P.S. Jane,

For any Birmingham certificate, you get a better copy ordering directly from Birmingham, rather than from the GRO. As you get a photocopy of the original.

Ann

You're very welcome Jane. And I'm sure you will be more than happy with the service from Birmingham Register Office. They're the best!

Ann

Hi Jane

I trust you managed to get Edward Laurence Howell's birth certificate. Don't suppose his mum and dad were Louise and Charles Howell?

ShardEnder

Howell Edward Lawrence King's N. Vol 6c page 509 (This is the page Number on FreeBMD)
You can say when applying if the parents names are not Louise and Charles Howell on this registeration that you don't want it.

Hi Jane

I trust you managed to get Edward Laurence Howell's birth certificate. Don't suppose his mum and dad were Louise and Charles Howell?

ShardEnder[/QUOTE

Hi ShardEnder - sorry, no, his mum and dad were Edward Thomas and Hannah. ( I haven`t come across a Charles Howell in my family)

Jane]

Back