• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

help needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
one of our moderators morturn can not get onto the forum ..keeps clicking on accept but nothing is happening any advice would be great ..thanks folks

lyn

thumbnail (21).jpeg

Last edited:
Don't know if this is related Lyn, but I've been getting some (shall we call it) 'unresponsive buttons'. When I click on for example the B Bold option, or I Italics on the bar above this message when it's being typed (or in fact any of those functions in the bar) they no longer respond. Could this be a similar issue ? Or have I inadvertantly switched something off?

Hope we can offer some help to the two members unable to sign in.

Viv.

I see one member has since been able to sign in, or at least it's showing as having been since your post Lyn on the profile. Viv.

Tried to hit reply to Viv but it won't work. Haven't had B, I etc on phone for ages. Lots of things seem very slow.

thanks viv when i put a member and mod i just meant morturn...as you say it looks like he has now logged in...thanks i will just confirm with him

lyn

Ha ha ha Lyn ! The unresponsive key problem is probably something at this end then. So with my level of IT skills it's likely to remain a problem !

Viv.

I have trouble getting past that banner too, I always log in with a bookmark and accept all cookies but it won't let me in until I use the bookmark a second time. (I'm using a PC not a phone or tablet)
rosie.

PS. I forgot to say sometimes when I use the "Back buttton" the banner appears and I can't get back in!

morturn still can not get onto the forum which is not good...he said he has done nothing to make the forums software stop him..i will have to send a direct message to warren

lyn.

Last edited:
I said last week in Computer Help thread I was having problems but since then OK. Again today no ads. so far. Wish I was computer literate.

Hi Viv,

I have also had problems with "unresponsive buttons" on this forum but not elsewhere.
Not all the time, but I've found that using the back key then the forward key seems to
reactivate them (particularly when logging out).

Kind regards
Dave

I am on Mac book Pro. Yesterday all advertising had disappeared and everything seemed to work OK. This morning there is a new privacy option which I have used to only accept necessary cookies but I cannot get rid of the options banner from the bottom of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back