• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Harrisons Insurance Brokers

Malkin

proper brummie kid
Does anyone remember The Insurance Brokers that was in the Birmingham City centre Around 1959/1960

Can't find them in 1955 Kelly's, but they were still there in 1967/8 at
160/161 Bromsgrove Street, insured some of my motor cycles there, possibly because they were the cheapest.
Also noted near there was the Pink Elephant Club at 138 Bromsgrove St., don't remember that one.
160-161 Bromsgrove st.PNG

J A Harrison, yes thats the one. I worked there after i left Wheelers Lane School. i can always remember Mr Harrison. He was a very tough boss to work for and he had this massive amount of blond curly hair

Can't find them in 1955 Kelly's, but they were still there in 1967/8 at
160/161 Bromsgrove Street, insured some of my motor cycles there, possibly because they were the cheapest.
Also noted near there was the Pink Elephant Club at 138 Bromsgrove St., don't remember that one.
View attachment 164396
The Pink Elephant club, Bromsgrove St, became The Ringway club.....then moved to Small Heath as Garryowen club...the rest is history ,as they say
My accountant was Lee Harrison ,in 1970/80 a brother, of Diddington Manor Nr Stonebridge island , Kenilworth Rd
three Harrison brothers an accountant , insurance broker, and one worked for the Tax office

Back