• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Golden Hillock Road Six Ways Small Heath

We were possibly next door neighbours. My parents lived at 105 (I believe) for a while in the early 1950s. I was born in '53 and we moved out to Sheldon in '55.
Well there's a real surprise! Yes we were neighbours. I was born in 1950 and we left for Daventry in 1957. I used to come back and stay in the house with my grandparents during every school holiday. As I remember it 103B (now the dentists) would have been between us. Is that correct?

Well there's a real surprise! Yes we were neighbours. I was born in 1950 and we left for Daventry in 1957. I used to come back and stay in the house with my grandparents during every school holiday. As I remember it 103B (now the dentists) would have been between us. Is that correct?
I'd need to check with my mum (94) as I was too young to remember anything of those days :) The original buildings are still there then?

I'd need to check with my mum (94) as I was too young to remember anything of those days :) The original buildings are still there then?
No. 103 is gone, probably 45 years or more ago. 103B, the dentists, is still there. Google street map shows all. How come 103B survived when all around was demolished I have no idea...... 105 is also definitely gone unfortunately. Ask your mum if she remembers Mrs Dowell next door, and Fisher's Garage over the road.

No. 103 is gone, probably 45 years or more ago. 103B, the dentists, is still there. Google street map shows all. How come 103B survived when all around was demolished I have no idea...... 105 is also definitely gone unfortunately. Ask your mum if she remembers Mrs Dowell next door, and Fisher's Garage over the road.
Ah, we were at no.109 - on my birth certificate :)

My mom and dad married in 1949. On the marriage certificate my dads given address is 103 1/2 Golden Hillock Road. He was born in Wales but moved to Birmingham and worked at the BSA. Mom lived in Sydenham Road at the time of marriage.

HI El Tel. Sorry about the garbled message computer died.
What I was trying to say was that I was born in Arthur St in 1939 and lived there for 17 years, went to Oakley Road School, my best friends lived in Cooksey Road and Wordsworth Road, played all my sport in Small Heath park and yet I have never untiI I read your post heard that area called Six Ways, I am still very close to my friend who lived in Cooksey Road even though we are both in our 80s I must ask him why I never heard that term used.
Regards Acklam19.

Sorry for the very late reply. I have no idea why I don't get alerts when someone's posted. Anyway, ten years before you my mother was born in Arthur St., moved to Golden Hillock Rd., but our rear alley was in Cooksey Rd., she went to Oakley Rd. school and ALL of us spent (or mis-spent) our youths in Small Heath Park!

Attachments

• Six Ways.jpg
    Six Ways.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 10
Hi El Tel, I had words with my pal who lived in Cooksey Road who married a girl from Wordsworth Road and although he of course knew where it was he said that he had never heard it called that, strange or what.
Regards Acklam19

Back