• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Genes Reunited

terryb18

Gone but not forgotten R.I.P.
While browsing Genes Reunited I came across 2 or 3 people that could possibly have information regarding my tree. I would like to send them a message but I can’t unless I upgrade, I have no problem doing that, but how do I find out if the other people are active members as I don’t want to spend money on it unless I have to. Or would it be a case of upgrading and hoping for the best?

Terry

Genes sent me a message to say X had some people that matched my tree. I upgraded from this message. It was a distant relation and we are now in contact so it was worth it.

Thanks for the reply Mike.Trouble is I joined GR 3 or 4 years ago and I have never really bothered with it to be honest. I may take a chance and upgrade and hope for the best, could be the best £10 I spend, you never know.

Terry

Terry it was through Genes that my sister found me and it only took three days ..good luck:)

Hi, if you are a Genes Member and your tree is on it, you can go into their Tree through the space above. Also Hot Matches are a good source of matching up and through that you can send messages, No need to Up Grade. JoanH:)

My GU sub was excellent value. Through the kindness of GU members I was able to find a photo of 2 different distant relatives and compare detailed trees. As my own research is very advanced now I can pass that on to others.

Terry, if you would like me to contact someone on there for you just let me know.

I have to say, yes GR is very expensive if you use it to search the records, BMD and Census, but you don't have to use them. The £10 fee gives you access to all the other members etc, you can send messages and have access to other members family tree with their permission, i myself have found almost 30 relatives world wide this way.

Edit: Those 30 members have then led me on to other family that don't use GR

bren

Last edited:
Cheers Bren, That would be kind of you. At the moment there is only the one person I would like to contact, for she might have info about an aunt of mine. If this comes off then I would definately join. I will send you a PM with details.

Terry

Hi Terry

I have sent a message to the tree owner on GR, just have to wait and see if she responds, not all of them do, fingers crossed

bren

Back