• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Garrison Lane

Lyn this building may still be there I remember it,right at the bottom of the hill opposite the park. Dek

Ash Rubber Stamp printers I think.

Used to get a lot done there when I had a business pemises in Lawley St. Apparently their method was unique, and a lot of the equipment actually built by the original Mr Ash.

thats very interesting col as i used to work for ash rubber stamp at their premises on constitution hill in the early 70s...

lyn

thats very interesting col as i used to work for ash rubber stamp at their premises on constitution hill in the early 70s...

lyn

I remember the rubber stamp shop near the Cedar Club, had a few made there. Now you mentioned it, I'm wondering if I had a senoir moment re Garrison La. I have a feeling that they were two different companies. The one in Garrison lane was certainly a rubber stamp firm as well, and had an unusual method. I'm just not 100% sure it was called Ash Rubber Stamps now.

Anybody got a Kellys for the area ? it was certainly there when I was a kid, and iirc closed down in the 80s, possibly due to a fire regs problem with their having wooden buildings.

In Kelly's 1969, 56, Garrison Lane, Rubber Printing Developments Ltd. rubber stamp mkrs.

Colin

In Kelly's 1969, 56, Garrison Lane, Rubber Printing Developments Ltd. rubber stamp mkrs.

Colin

Yeah thats it, RPD. Printed using rubber type instead of lead I think.

Must be old age, not so much creeping in as running up behind me.

thanks Col B

RPD Ltd in 56 Garrison Lane(facing the park)was a major employer in the local area. Established in 1946 by 4 ex servicemen, one of them being my Father. Made rubber stamps for all over the world and invented the first Perspex rubber stamp in the world. A thriving business until its demise in the early 1990’s and then destroyed by fire. If anyone has any photos of at all of this era would be appreciated.
Geoff Wragg

Back