• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Francis John Alum Rock Road

He seems to be listed as an electroplate worker.

Under employer there doesn't appear to be a company name, he just appears to be listed as Employer.

mark where is he living in 1921..i cant seem to find him

lyn

I found a Laura Francis (presumably is first wife) living in Smethwick but can't read it with no sub to FMP.
Also 2 John Francis so not sure which is him.

its the 2nd one john wife laura..looking at that stanley and frank must have travelled to work in birmingham

lyn

So John was retired? at the age of 40. Does that just mean retired from that occupation? Since in 1939 he seems to be working. Electro plate wire worker but he was the employer.

So John was retired? at the age of 40. Does that just mean retired from that occupation? Since in 1939 he seems to be working. Electro plate wire worker but he was the employer.

i noticed that on the 21 jan...john retired but an employer 40 is young to be retired but as you say he is back working on the 39

Thankyou Janice, I too couldnt find him registered as a business, thought it was Deakin and Francis BHAM but contacted them a while back and they said no, but have something on his first wife gone back to 1782 Gnosall, her grandfather William Humpage. Back to John, you spoke of his war record, you dont have a link do you.

ahh, well he also had a Bookie Job?...he used a pub on Hagley Rd collecting bets from locals back of where he lived, he also used the Bartons Arms other side of Brum, was that Peaky Blinders era?...he also taught my Dad tick tack cus he also had a board on the race courses..all this very sketchy though.

Thankyou Janice, I too couldnt find him registered as a business, thought it was Deakin and Francis BHAM but contacted them a while back and they said no, but have something on his first wife gone back to 1782 Gnosall, her grandfather William Humpage. Back to John, you spoke of his war record, you dont have a link do you.

i think janice must have found his war records on ancestry..no doubt she will confirm this but if so you will need to subscribe to view and save the records

lyn

Back