• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Forster Street

thanks mark...sadly out of the 37000 odd old (mostly black and white photos )i have i do not have a single one of forster st :(

Last edited:
Yes Lyn, here's the above scan...

View attachment 189825

yes please do sue as we may have threads for the streets or roads you are interested in

lyn
(PATERNAL SIDE): My grandmothers name was Florence HUSSEY (1902 - 1978) and was one of six children. She married Thomas Flaherty on 22nd Nov 1922 in Aston. Her parents were Annie Joseph and William Hussey-married in 1898. She lived in New Summer Street in 1911 . Husseys lived at:New Summer Street, lench Street,Lancaster Street,Sheep Street, Lister Street,Staniforth Street,Greens Village, beak Street ( & half siblings in Woolwich, Kent).

My grandfather Thomas FLAHERTY(1900-1969) born in Vicarage Road, Aston and later moved to Aston lane. They had 8 children from 1923-1945 (Eileen,thomas, Winifred, Jean, Patricia, Dennis-MY FATHER, John & Christopher). They grew up in Chipstead Road, Erdington and were schooled at The Abbey.
The Flahertys have lived at; Bridge Street West, New Summer Street,New Spring Street, Chipstead Road, Aston Lane, Vicarage road,

(MATERNAL SIDE): KENNEDY research for my Grandfather (Leonard Patrick Kennedy 1912-1994), Born in Loveday Maternity Hospital. His parents were John T Kennedy (1879-1944) & Emma Turner (1878-1953). Married & lived in Aston. They had 6 children:Joseph, Herbert, John, Catherine, Leonard, William. The Kennedys Lived at:Witton Road, Westwood Road, Sheep Street,Weaman Street,Woodcock Street,John Street,Moor Street,Coleshill Street,

JUKES research for my grandmother Ethel JUKES (1919-1944 died after giving birth to my mother), born in Weston Street, married in 1940. her father was George Henry JUKES (1890-1955) married to Ethel L SPURRIER(1899-1966). JUKES family have lived at: Westwood Road, Weston Street, Thimble Mill lane,Village Road, Lennox Street, Lawley Street,

sue we have threads for most of those addresses so just put them into our search box and see what comes up...from memory we have photos of most of them..hope this helps

lyn

Back