• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

First Record Bought?

HI
First 78 i bought was April In Paris by Count Bassie from the Discery in Union St in the early 50s. The first 2 LPS were of
The PLATTERS vol 1 and 2 .Istill have them now and still in good condition
KEN

HI
Iremember when i took the record home and played ,mom and dad said ,what is this rubbish, but there favourite music was from the 30s-40s
KEN

HI
Iremember when i took the record home and played ,mom and dad said ,what is this rubbish, but there favourite music was from the 30s-40s
KEN
Must admit i like some of the thirties stuff:redface:.
[video=youtube;cr4ncMR5EVQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr4ncMR5EVQ[/video]

Hi all, of course it was Tennersee Ernie Ford, singing the river of no return, but you know how it is after a drop of scotch,and it was past my bedtime, but why is it that a voice like Ernies doesnt get more airtime? an incredible singer, but sadly not recognised nowadays. Eddyjay.

my first 78 I bought out of my first weeks wages was see you later alligator Bill Haley and the comets

HI ALL
I hope this is the right place for this post,if not maybe the mod can move it. My question is ,i have in my old LP collection an LP
of Soloman King called The Best ofSoloman King, which includes his great hit She Wears My Ring. I bought it at a concert many years ago.
The record and sleeve are in very good condition and the sleeve was autographed by him. I have had a rough estimate of value from
Danny Reddington ,but does any one know of a fan site were someone may be interested in buying it.
Iseem to be having trouble finding one
KEN

the scaffold did not do much in the way of recording did they ; ? ,
If my memry serves me correct one of the scaffold was paul McCarthys brother whom later got involved with making or recording certain bands
when they split up ; best wishes Astonian;;
Yup, Mike McGear's real name is Peter Michael McCartney. He changed his name so as not to be accused of living off his brother's fame (but everyone knew who he was anyway). I also believe you're quite right in him now working on recording production etc.

Personally though, I thought Scaffold were a load of rubbish and I'm probably the only person in the world who'd put Pink Floyd in the same category.

Sorry Ken, a friend of mine likes this one, that's how I knew the link, did think your one would be older!
I thought that stars weren't allowed to duplicate their names though?
Sue

HI
This site is inNew Zealand.Iam more interested in a fan club in theUK to maybe sell on. This is a shot of cover .Autograph is on the rear
KENSOLOMON 008.JPG

Personally though, I thought Scaffold were a load of rubbish and I'm probably the only person in the world who'd put Pink Floyd in the same category.

To each his own, I guess. The other two members of Scaffold were John Gorman (a comedian heavily connected to Chris Tarrant) and Roger McGough (poet, very popular with children, often thought of as the poet laureate that should have been).

Back