• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Father Hudsons Homes, Coleshill, 1938

Fortune

Hi, I am trying to find out what official position the Reverend Bird had at the Father Hudsons Homes, Coleshill in 1938. I have his name on a document relating to my Mother and I could really do with some clarification as to his role within the Homes. Thanks

Hi, I am trying to find out what official position the Reverend Bird had at the Father Hudsons Homes, Coleshill in 1938. I have his name on a document relating to my Mother and I could really do with some clarification as to his role within the Homes. Thanks
Only thing I found:

Attachments

• Birmingham_Daily_Gazette_06_August_1937.jpg
    Birmingham_Daily_Gazette_06_August_1937.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Hi Janice,
Thanks for your reply. I have a little info from FHH but just contacting them recently, they are unable to look into anything until mid November. I am just trying to find out about FS or REV BIRD but I guess I will just have to wait!!! thanks for interest though.

Fee

The F E Bird mentioned in Janet's newspaper article is possibly Francis Edward Bird, parish priest of Effingham.

Listed as a Catholic Priest on the 1939 register in Effingham.

There are only 5 'Bird' entries listed as priest in 1939 and only one local, a Thomas E Bird in Bham.

The F E Bird mentioned in Janet's newspaper article is possibly Francis Edward Bird, parish priest of Effingham.

There are only 5 'Bird' entries listed as priest in 1939 and only one local, a Thomas E Bird in Bham.

Thank you so much, you are all being so helpful!!!

You all seem to be able to conjure this information up at your fingertips!!!!!

Regards,

Fee

On 1939 register Thomas Edward Bird is based at English Martyrs Church Sparkhill. As he is listed first he is likely to be the Parish Priest.
In 1938 directory he is listed as at St Phillip's church Smethwick.
In 1939 directory he is listed as at English Martyr's.
So I am not sure what his connection to Fr Hudson's can have been unless varous priests were attached as chaplains.

Last edited:
I think the current board of trustees has a couple of priests so maybe he was on the managing committee (doubt they were called trustees back then)

Back