• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Excavation of site of former BVSC building on north side of Digbeth

Could anybody, better with the tech than me, impose the area of the said bvsc building onto the older 1895 map, so i could look at it properly

The former avery building , avery made weighing scales i am learning , it is a large area i will be excavating and if the avery building is here a long time then anything underneath will be very old

We are very close to, but undisturbed by various bull ring works over the years, and close to the church so there could be anything under the floors of our former avery building, phase 2 can begin for us on here also,

madeley and sons ????

Averil and smith???

thats the area we are dealing with if im right

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221210-063701_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221210-063701_Samsung Internet.jpg
    867 KB · Views: 23
We are very close to, but undisturbed by various bull ring works over the years, and close to the church so there could be anything under the floors of our former avery building, phase 2 can begin for us on here also,

madeley and sons ????

Averil and smith???

thats the area we are dealing with if im right

1883 Averil and Smith at 139 Digbeth, wholesale tea dealers.

John Madeley Yorke and Son, leather merchants at 140 Digbeth.

W and T Avery were at 12A Digbeth.

There has been a little confusion. There was a firm Averill on the site of the excavation, but Avery's were on the opposite side of Digbeth.

Back