• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

EVANS, George & Ann - bk of 133 Icknield Sq

L

Lilac

According to 1881 census, Ann Evans (widow) lived in the back of 133 Icknield Sq with children Edward Kingston, Frank, Henry, Mary K. and William Roland. In 1871 census they lived at 2 Glebe St. Does anyone know of any of these Evans buried in Key Hill Cemetery? What is Handsworth? (Sorry, I'm new!). William Roland Evans was born 21 March 1859 in the back of 33 Springfield St. Does anymore share an interest with this family?

I have no intrest in the family as such, but here they are in 1891:
1891 Census
Place: Birmingham -Warwickshire
Civil Parish: Birmingham
Ecclesiastical Parish: St Marks
Address: 9 Ct 1 Hse Camden St

Surname First name(s) Rel Status Sex Age Occupation Where Born Remarks EVANS Mary K Head S F 24 Warwickshire - Birmingham
EVANS Ann Mother W F 69 Warwickshire - Birmingham
EVANS Frank Brothr S M 35 Brass Caster(Em'ee) Warwickshire - Birmingham
EVANS Florence Dau S F 1 Warwickshire - Birmingham.

Camden St was close to Ickneild Sq and my Gran was born in 1881. Her family had a Huckster's shop (Sold everything, as well as a beer outlet) at 113 -114 -117 Ickneild Sq on the 1881-91 and 1901 census' . The families more than likely knew each other.

Pom :angel:

Pom :angel:

1891 Census - Evans

Thank you kindly for your reply. I don't have a copy of this census record - what is the RG ref no for this one? Edward Kingston Evan's son George Henry was born at 15 Crt Camden St in 1893. It's nice to know where our ancestors lived and it's interesting to find people they probably knew in their lifetime, especially on the same street!

Evans Family

Hi Lilac
Just Been Reading Your Thread On Your Evans Family
And I Noticed You Mentioned A Evans Family In Springfield St
Well In The Late Forties And Fifties Right Up To The Sixties
There Was A Large Family Of Evans Living In Springfield St
Whom We Associated With I Was Friends With One Of The Older Sibbling And My Younger Brother Tony Was Friends With A Much Younger One My Mate Was Billy , And My Brother Was David S
We Called Him Onions ,and He Married Agirl Named Irene ,from
Erdington, There Was A Story They Told Us Of One Of The
Older Evans Uncle , There Fathers Side Said That One Night
He Came And Stayed The Night And Slept In The Chair, And He Woke Up In The Morning With A Big Gash In In Lower Leg Where A Rat Had Bit His Leg, I.m Pretty Sure His Dad Was Called George ,i,ll Try And Check Out What Number They Livrd At In Springfield St ,
They Could Be Relative Best Wishes Astonian ,;;

Back