• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Erdington

Hi, i wonder if anyone can help me. i have been speaking ro a relative who says that their house was bombed on 13/08/1940 they were living in Ashwood grove Erdington,i would love any information or photos of this event, i know its not probable that anyone as pictures of this event, but thought i would ask, i know their was a picture of the incident in the Evening Mail or other Birmingham newspaper, i am hoping to get over to Brum in the new year when i will visit the library and look in the old newspapers,but their are so many people on this site with great knowledge, i will ask here first. thank you.

Hi Kieronpatt:

Had a look on Google Earth and can't find location in the Castle Bromwich area of Ashwood Grove. It doesn't show up anywhere. Do you think it could be a
different Grove or Road?

How about Ashmead Grove? It was bombed, but no one was killed. It is off Bromford Lane and I think the date was the 13th August 1940. The Swanshurst/Barra site only lists fatalities.

I will enquire for you, because I think I know someone who was bombed out in that incident.

Junie

Back