• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ephraim phillips ltd

Hi Peter, by shear chance I looked for a picture of the marble step outside Ephraim Philip's, a couple of links and I found you in this forum!! It's Alan Hall here I worked with you, Alan Mac, Malcolm, Christine, Stephanie, Mike, Melvyn and others during It's transformation into Automotive Manufacturing. Great times, great days and Great people. Dave and I moved to Spitfire Park for 20 yrs or so, I retired in 2019. Like a few people have said I left school in 1967 ans was an apprentice at GKN Screws anf Fasteners, became Automotive Salesman, moved to Linread for a few years, then EP Bissell St.So many names in you 3 pages bring so many memories back. Thank you for setting it all up, take care, Regards Alan

This thread brings back memories of my first visit that was arranged when we did our training for the jobcentre. A small group of us were taken to Ephraim Phillips we were shown the wire coils and then taken through the various processes right through to the room where the presswork was taking place it was fascinating it was on a Friday near to lunch time. As we neared the end of the visit the hooter sounded and I have never seen staff move so quick. Probably glad the working week was over. As staff we were encouraged in the 1980s to do familiarisation visits to be able to see how the processes within a company worked. This was brilliant when matching customers to jobs I absolutely love them

Back