• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Eighteenth Century-early Nineteenth Century Suburb (colmore Estate Etc.), Birmingham _ Grid Project

Morturn

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another one for you folks.

This photos location is shown as on the corner of Newton Street and Corporation Street. I am sure that this is not correct. The person who archived the photo said:

Photograph of Colmore Estate, etc., an eighteenth century-early nineteenth century suburb. To the left is St. Paul's Church (1777-79), and to the right are the flats in the ""Crescent"", c.1790, overlooking canal sandpits (Dudley Road) and G.P.O. Tower (1966). The photograph was taken in 1968.

Would anyone like to suggest an alternative location, as I know the members are very good at photo locations

Attachments

• Eighteenth century-early nineteenth century suburb (Colmore Estate etc.), Birmingham.jpg
    Eighteenth century-early nineteenth century suburb (Colmore Estate etc.), Birmingham.jpg
    693.1 KB · Views: 29
Another one for you folks.

This photos location is shown as on the corner of Newton Street and Corporation Street. I am sure that this is not correct. The person who archived the photo said:

Photograph of Colmore Estate, etc., an eighteenth century-early nineteenth century suburb. To the left is St. Paul's Church (1777-79), and to the right are the flats in the ""Crescent"", c.1790, overlooking canal sandpits (Dudley Road) and G.P.O. Tower (1966). The photograph was taken in 1968.

Would anyone like to suggest an alternative location, as I know the members are very good at photo locations

If St Paul’s Church is to the left of the P.O. Tower, then it could not be Corporation St?

The Church seems to be a good distance from the Tower in the picture, but could be the camera.

Back