• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Dunn Family

Thought there might be a connection. At least we have eliminated that marriage.
I supect that for, whatever reason, Mary Jane and George did not marry. (She put 27 years and crossed it out on the 1911 census which would be about 1884 but no such marriage).

As she was a widow, the marriage and children info should not be listed, which I guess is why it's been crossed out. A common misunderstanding in 1911.

She certainly had 10 children, registered Harrison/Saffin. This doesn't include Arthur Adolphus and probably 3 others listed as Saffin no mmn. The 2 youngest are in institutions in 1911.

With no marriage George could be a dead end.

One of the children is down as deaf. Most likely why she is in an institution. Sad but that is what happened back then.
I notice Charles D is on 1939 reg as "incapacitated".

One of the children is down as deaf. Most likely why she is in an institution. Sad but that is what happened back then.
I notice Charles D is on 1939 reg as "incapacitated".
Charles was in the army he got mustard gased in ww1 lived with it till 1952 then topped himself in chingford lane london

Back