• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Duke nee Cox

FOXY

master brummie
Ada Dukes nee Cox married a Joseph William Tyler 11/11/ 1911. I have just recieved the marraige certificate,the marriage registered Kings Norton,it say she was a widow I can't find her first Marriage,her father's name was George Cox I have been searching the years between 1891 and 1911 with no luck,the 1891 census shows she was still living with her parents in Aston,any ideas on finding this marriage.

Found this one, don't know which one she married...

Ada Cox
Jul-Aug-Sep
Birmingham

Walter Edward Davies1886Jul-Aug-Sep Birmingham
Frederick William Rinder1886Jul-Aug-Sep Birmingham

Thought I'd try from the other angle... Duke death... the closest I think as you never gave Ada's age might be
Robert Duke age 27 Solihull June 1905 6d 328

The rest seemed to old, died at birth, or were female

Pom

Re: Dukes nee Cox

Ada Cox born in 1873/4 in Aston, I didn't realise she been married before I sent for the certificate,I believe around 1920 she emigrated to Canada she left Joseph Tyler behind not sure as to whether ther were any children from either of the marriages.

On the marriage cert for Ada, does it give a middle name at all, either way it could help to narrow down the number

bren

Re: Dukes nee Cox

No middle name, I know this can help. I am wondering if she married elsewhere.

Back