• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
many thanks MWS thats great ..its probably the writing but i think that the hackett st you mentioned should be hatchet st...thanks again

lyn

There are no numbers listed on freecen but the street listed before Pritchett St is Hackett St and they appear to be closer to that end than not.

If they are the right family then Ann is living in Lancaster St with 2 sons and a daughter. Of the children Eliza, John, William and Mary Ann, John looks like the easiest to trace. He was a thimble maker and married a Harriet Davis on 17 Aug 1857 at St Jude's.
This is amazing MWS. Great work!
I'm astonished that there may be surviving relatives over there to find. What a remarkable thing. o_O
It took me a while to figure out what an Augur Maker actually involved - making carpentry drill bits.

Back