• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Digbeth Mineral Water Works and Well

The well is covered back over, it wont be seen again until the large underground tank (next to it) is uncovered and removed, the well and corner of the tank would be inbetween the number 650 on this map the job wragg factory, the tank seems to go under the old job wragg buildings but i have only uncovered a corner of it so far

I have seen info somewhere before on the possible old water tank we have roughly under the old job wragg site, im sure i have seen about an older mill on the site also ???, lots more to dig up yet

What a great thread,really enjoying it.Great contributions from everyone.Big thank you and hats off to Seanyb for his valiant efforts and enthusiasm.I wish there had been others like him in the 1960’s when so much must have been lost without trace.Anyway,Happy Christmas to everyone.

What a great thread,really enjoying it.Great contributions from everyone.Big thank you and hats off to Seanyb for his valiant efforts and enthusiasm.I wish there had been others like him in the 1960’s when so much must have been lost without trace.Anyway,Happy Christmas to everyone.
i agree oldun...many thanks to sean for the heads up on a bit more of the history of birmingham coming to light...i am sure he will update us as and when the dig progresses

lyn

as seans excavations are now moving on we have made a new thread to cover the area he will be working at during the next weeks/months...the new thread can be found here

Back