• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

death in workhouse

hi, my gt gt grandmother died in a workhouse, in 1901 she lived in Aston with her 5 children, but i know she died in a workhouse, sometime after 1901. i have looked at some workhouse records on the web, but they dont seem to go up to the 1900s, could someone please help/advise me where to look next. thank you.

Her death certificate will tell you which workhouse it was and cause of death.

thanks for reply, i have no date of death for her, she dissapears after the 1901 census, ive searched everywhere and cannot find her after 1901 living in Aston

Why not give us her name, and date of birth if known, someone may find something for you.

Hi,

There is a death for a Mary A. Hamilton, born about 1840 (if she did die in an institution they would have guessed her age), registered Aston 1912 Oct Dec quarter volume 6d page 360.

Ann

Back