• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Dean St / Skinner Lane Corner - Grid Project

Morturn

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am working on:

The Birmingham Photographic Grid Project 2017 - In the footsteps of Phyllis Nicklin

I have decided to pick up a couple of the more difficult locations. For photograph CC 48 she stood and took a picture of a house on Dean St / Skinner Lane Corner. Does anyone have a map showing Skinner Lane?

Attachments

• Dean St Skinner Lane Corner.jpg
    Dean St Skinner Lane Corner.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 20

09723FD7-A49E-48B2-B8A8-ECCE9EF2B619.jpeg
I am working on:

The Birmingham Photographic Grid Project 2017 - In the footsteps of Phyllis Nicklin

I have decided to pick up a couple of the more difficult locations. For photograph CC 48 she stood and took a picture of a house on Dean St / Skinner Lane Corner. Does anyone have a map showing Skinner Lane?

Thanks Pedro, it looks like she was standing outside the secondary school when she took that one. All now under the wholesale market, soon to be gone soon too.

CC48-Dean-St-Skinner-St-1.jpg View attachment 120877 Update -CC 48 - Dean St / Skinner Lane Corner.

This took some research to validate the location as the site is now under the wholesale market. I think Phyllis would have had her back to the school when she took this one. Again, she may have had knowledge of the imminent demolition of this site. Another irony, the wholesale market closes in Feb 2018 and will be demolished.

My interpretation on this site was to stand as close as possible to the spot where she stood and shoot in the approximate direction to pick up one of the building that will be also demolished soon.

Attachments

• Dear St Skinner St Corner.jpg
    Dear St Skinner St Corner.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 12
Back